So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord; always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father.
Singing Interest Group
Who is it for
Members who just love to sing. If that describes you, we would love to have you join us.
When & Where
Join our WhatsApp chat to get updates for upcoming SING sessions:
Why are we here
Singing has always been an integral part of worship. It is one of the acts that involves every Christian and an outlet for worship, praise, encouragement, and even expression of sorrow.
One of the most striking differences between churches of Christ and most other religious groups is the fact that churches of Christ do not use instrumental (mechanical) music in worship. Many people are surprised to discover, upon visiting our services, that this is true.
We gather to learn, fellowship, encourage and uphold one another. We recognise how singing helps the church at worship and look at how we can support that in the following ways:
- Enhance various parts of acapella arrangement (Soprano, Alto, Tenor and Bass) for our congregational singing to be more uplifting.
- Help song leaders learn how to accurately pitch a song so that the harmony parts (alto, tenor, and bass) can be sung.
- Introduce new songs and learn how to sing so that the church worship can be enhanced.
- Encourage fellowship amongst members who love to sing.
- Conduct a practice session for the following day’s worship, if needed.
We welcome anyone who has a question about God or just need a friend to be there for them. Though not perfect, we always try to emulate the love that God has showered upon us to others!
Practise the various parts of the acapella arrangement (Soprano, Alto, Tenor and Bass) of songs to be sung during worship.
Periodically, we do include short periods of training on reading music and proper voice techniques for singing.