Who is it for
- Members who are moved by the Spirit to pray for one another and for the needs of the church.
When & Where
- Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month at 8pm, as long as there is one other person besides the leader of this ministry. Members who would like to be part of the Prayer Warriors group may contact Bro Lim Lian Chye directly.
- Use of online conferencing platform (ZOOM).
Why are we here
- Focus Day 2019 Conversation: Members felt a need for a Prayer Warrior Ministry.
- Make prayer the strategy to meet our goals.
- Unleash God’s power through unified, persistent group prayer. (Matthew 18:19, 20)
- Learn to pray effectively at a personal level. (James 5:16)
What do we do
- Short devotion on “Prayer” (5 – 10 mins).
- Prayer needs for the week (5 mins).
- Focus on corporate needs of the church.
- Chain prayer (30 mins).
- All are encouraged to pray but the option to be merely present is acceptable.
- Prayers can be focused on the individual or others but most of the time they are focused on the corporate needs of the church.
Devotion: Posture of Prayer
I waited patiently for the Lord
He turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire;
He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
Example of Bartimaeus (Mark 10: 46 – 52)
“Jesus, Son of God, have mercy on me!” Many warned him to be quiet; but he cried out all the more. Jesus stopped in his path and commanded Bartimaeus to be called. Jesus did what Bartimaeus asked Him to do.
Complete dependence on God. All good prayer begins from a position of weakness, in humility before God. We trust in God instead of our own righteousness or our human strengths.
Members who would like to join Prayer Warriors session may contact Bro. Lim Lian Chye directly.